The World Veterinary Association (WVA) Global Animal Welfare Awards will honor veterinarians who provide exemplary welfare-related services to animal owners, shelters, fellow veterinarians, and the general public. Industry leaders and veterinarians are invited to nominate colleagues who demonstrate their consistent commitment to improve the welfare of animals.
“Veterinarians care deeply about improving the quality of life for companion and food animals. This innovative work deserves to be recognized,” said Craig Wallace, CEO of Ceva Animal Health. “We are proud to work with the WVA to launch these awards and look forward to honoring the winners later this year.”
The Global Animal Welfare Awards 2017 will be presented to one veterinarian from each of the six WVA regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, North Africa/Middle East and Asia/Oceania). The WVA Animal Welfare Awards Ceremony will take place during a luncheon in Korea during the 33rd World Veterinary Congress to be held this August. Winners will receive a monetary award of 5.000 Euros.
Nominations shall consist of the following:
- Complete Nomination Form by clicking this link.
- Supporting letter from the nominator who is familiar with the nominee’s contributions in the Animal Welfare field.
- Letter from the nominee describing his/her contributions in the Animal Welfare field.
- Professional CV of the nominee.
- Any material to support the candidate (scientific articles, news items, videos, involvement in Animal Welfare projects, other recognitions etc.).
- Nominees must be veterinarians.
- Nominations shall be submitted by the WVA Constituent member organizations. In the U.S. that is the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
Completed application must be submitted by April, 30th 2017, 12:00 pm (Brussels time).
The WVA President, Dr. René Carlson said; “The WVA applauds this partnership with Ceva Animal Health to recognize veterinarians from around the world for their efforts to improve animal welfare and eliminate animal suffering. Such recognition is not only important, it is necessary to bring continued awareness to the benefits of good animal welfare for animals, people, and society. It is well recognized that good animal care can have far-reaching and positive benefits in a number of areas, including human physical and psychological health, social development, poverty and hunger reduction, disaster management, and environmental sustainability.”
For Ceva Santé Animale, Dr. Marc Prikazsky Chairman & CEO said, “I am very proud that as Chairman of Ceva, we are able to accompany the WVA in the creation of these important new awards. As a veterinarian, I have felt for some time, that the profession needed to bring welfare back to the center of what we do. Animals contribute enormous value to our society and as veterinarians, we have a pivotal role to ensure that their health and welfare is always a priority. I look forward meeting the inaugural winners of the Awards”.