Founded in 1999, Ceva has become one of the fastest growing animal health companies in the world. Since 2000, Ceva has completed more than 30 successful business integrations accounting for 40 percent of overall growth.
Here is a brief history of Ceva's expansion in the United States.
- Launched CARDALIS® (spironolactone and benazepril) the first product in Ceva's U.S. cardiology portfolio
- Launched FELIWAY® OPTIMUM - a new pheromone discovery, to reduce the most common signs of stress in cats
- Ceva's U.S. C.H.I.C.K. Program® receives independently audited quality recognition from Bureau Veritas
- Inaugural class graduates from NC State-Ceva poultry medicine certificate program
- Acquired vaccine facility in Verona, Wisconsin to be used for autogenous vaccine production
- Ceva completes landmark study on consumer attitudes on heartworm preventative usage
- Acquired THUNDERWORKS® expanding Ceva's behavior range of products
- Establishes Certificate Program for Poultry Veterinarians at North Carolina State University
- Breakables™ CLENZ_A_DENT® Rawhide Dental Chews are the first line of rawhide products designated to break apart as a dog chews
- Cevac® IBron is the first and only licensed product in the market effective in combating multiple variants of Infectious Bronchitis Virus in Poultry
- Fear Free® and Ceva announce launch of veterinary practice certification program.
- Expanded warehousing space to support growing business needs in Kansas City region
- Releases groundbreaking study by John McCall, MS, PhD, highlighting the need to change the approach in fighting heartworm infection dogs
- Release of CATEGO®, powerful flea and tick control made specifically for cats
- Patented method for delivering a soft edible gel as a carrier for vaccines, probiotics and nutritional supplements to poultry in the hatchery
- Opened new poultry warehouse in North Carolina
- Completed 10,000 sq. ft. expansion of vaccine production facilities
- Received first U.S. license for the swine market
- Expansion of headquarters space finalized
- Opened new FDA approved warehouse in Kansas City
- Preparation for swine business unit launch
- Opened state-of-the-art Research and Development facility in Lenexa
- Acquired Sogeval Laboratories
2012 - Consolidated North American Headquarters in Lenexa
2011 - New multi-million-dollar poultry vaccine facility opens on the Lenexa campus
2010 - Acquired Summit VetPharm adding the Vectra brand of parasiticides to its companion animal portfolio
2007 - Acquired Butler Sales Associates, Inc., and gained access to U.S. veterinary hospitals through an extensive distribution network
2005 - Acquired Biomune Company, a high-tech vaccine manufacturer in Lenexa, Kansas.
2002 - Established U.S. business with launch of FELIWAY® and ADAPTIL® pheromone diffusers