Ceva Animal Health is kicking off kitten adoption season as a marquis sponsor of Hallmark Channel’s upcoming Kitten Bowl VI, the newest installment of the nation’s most beloved feline faceoff, featuring adoptable cats and kittens.
Past Kitten Bowl broadcasts have inspired more than 25,000 adoptions from animal shelter partners across the country. Kitten Bowl VI premieres Sunday, Feb. 3, 2019, and marks the start of kitten season where an estimated 20 million kittens will be born through the summer months.
To gear up for Kitten Bowl VI, Ceva is sponsoring a Twitter party, Instagram Live event and photo contest with a variety of free giveaways and prizes.
- The Twitter party with Cat Tipper, a blog for people who want to have fun with their rescue cats and share the love that these kitties are waiting to give, will be at 2 p.m. CT Feb. 1. Attendees can join by following Cat Tipper and using the party hashtag #CevaTAILgate.
- Benedict “Benny” Cumbercat, Catego’s Spokescat, and his owner Ellen Carozza, a licensed veterinary technician, will host a TAILgate PAWty on her Instagram page at 3 p.m. CT Feb. 2. Participants will get a special look at her rescue kittens from the Chris Griffey Memorial Foundation as well as get the chance to win a Feliway and Catego TAILgate Pawty package.
- Share a photo of your cat watching Kitten Bowl VI on your social channels using #BigCatGameCatego and #BigCatGameFeliway for a chance to win a lifetime supply of Catego and a one-year supply of Feliway. Winner will be selected Feb. 8.
“Ceva, the makers of Feliway® and Catego® for Cats, is proud to sponsor Kitten Bowl VI and shine a spotlight on pet adoption to help more kittens and cats get rescued and find their forever homes,” said Dr. Jennifer Styrsky, Ceva Marketing Manager. “Introducing a new pet into the home is exciting, but can also be stressful for the newly adopted cat, existing pets and the new pet owners so it’s important to prepare to create a smooth transition for everyone.”
Here’s seven essentials to prepare your home for a new cat or kitten:
- Food and Water Bowls: Plan to have individual food and water bowls, and separate spaces for each member of the furry family to eat and drink.
- Diet: Select a good feline diet based on age, activity level and formulated to reduce digestive issues or food allergies.
- Safe Place: Your pets should have access to a safe, secure and comfortable place. This space should include a comfortable bed in a quiet part of the house where the cat can relax and get away from the family from time to time.
- Scratching Posts: Cats will instinctively sharpen its claws and mark its territory by scratching. Plan to have a scratching post for each cat. FELISCRATCH by FELIWAY® is clinically proven to help reduce or stop unwanted scratching in the home and helps redirect scratching onto the scratching post.
- Exercise and Toys: Toys can keep your cat busy and help burn off excess energy and can be a good form of bonding time for pet owners.
- Litter Box: A good rule of thumb is to have at least one more litter box than you have number of cats. Don’t place the litter box directly next to your cat’s food and water.
- Flea and Tick Control: Parasites pose a serious risk to your pets and your family. Put your new kitten or cat on a fast and powerful year-round parasite preventive like Catego.
Annual veterinarian visits are important in maintaining your pet’s health for years to come. Your veterinarian can offer invaluable advice, guidance and treatment options to address any health or behavior issues.