Ceva opened the way to a completely new therapeutic approach to help manage behavioral issues in pets. Since the first pheromone product launch in 2002, several new forms have been added to the range for more convenience of use for pet owners and veterinarians.
Ceva's pheromone products have been clinically proven to reduce or eliminate unwanted behaviors. Feliway and Adaptil are supported by world-renowned behavioral experts including leading veterinarian universities, practitioners, and specialists.
Pheromones are compounds naturally secreted by animals so that they can communicate with members of the same species. During lactation, for example, cats and dogs secrete a pheromone that reassures their offspring. Similarly, cats secrete facial pheromones which they deposit in known places in order to mark a familiar and secure territory.
Ceva has developed synthetic copies of several natural pheromones
- Feliway® is the #1 selling brand for behavior in the world. It is veterinary used and recommended, and clinically proven* to reduce unwanted behaviors. When a cat feels comfortable in their environment, they rub their cheeks against objects leaving a facial pheromone. Feliway is a synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone used by cats to mark their territory as safe and secure. By mimicking the cat's natural facial pheromone, Feliway creates a state of familiarity and security in the cat's local environment. As a result, Feliway can be used to help comfort and reassure cats while they cope with a challenging situation such as moving or traveling. Feliway helps reduce or prevent unwanted behaviors caused by stress.
- Feliway® MultiCat is the first and only product clinically proven to reduce tension and conflict among household cats. Feliway MultiCat can help all cats living under one roof feel more safe and secure with their surroundings and ease animosity. It’s a copy of the feline appeasing pheromone mother cats produce during lactation. Cats of all ages sense this pheromone and it provides a calming effect that cats can recognize throughout life.
- Feliway® CLASSIC Diffuser is a clinically proven and veterinary used and recommended solution to comfort cats at home and may help decrease urine spraying, scratching or hiding. It nurtures your relationship with your cat by creating a loving environment at home. It has a continuous effect by providing constant calming and comfort to your cat.
- Feliway® CLASSIC Spray offers calming on-the-go and additional support at home. It makes travel and visits to the vet less stressful and allows convenient and targeted management of the areas marked by your cat with urine or scratching in your home.
Adaptil® is a synthetic pheromone that mimics the pheromone mother dogs emit after giving birth to help their puppies feel calm and secure. Dogs of all ages recognize this pheromone throughout life.
The Adaptil range of products offer help in many situations, both indoors and outdoors, and for short-term and long-term use and can help reduce behavior problems specific to dogs such as fear of loud noises, loneliness, and excessive barking.
- Adaptil® Calm on-the-go Collar is a clinically proven solution to calm your dog indoors and outdoors, in situations like loud noises, staying alone, boarding and other fearful situations. ADAPTIL Calm On-The-Go Collar provides “comforting messages” (dog appeasing pheromones) that helps dogs feel calm and relaxed in situations like loud noises (thunderstorms and fireworks), staying alone, traveling or other fearful situations. These odorless messages are only perceived by dogs and provide a strong signal of security and comfort. Cats and people are not affected.
- Adaptil® Junior is the effective solution to comfort newly adopted puppies and help them learn. Adaptil Junior sends “comforting messages” to help your puppy feel the same comfort and security with your family as it did with its mother. The collar helped puppies to learn better during training classes and develop into well-trained adult dogs. Ensure continuous support for your puppy by using a new collar monthly until they are 6 months old.
- Adaptil® Calm Home Diffuser is a clinically proven and veterinary used and recommended solution to help calm and relax your dog at home, in situations like loud noises, staying alone, visitors and other fearful situations. It brings you and your dog closer, by creating a reassuring environment at home. It also has a continuous effect, by providing constant comfort for your dog.
- Adaptil® Travel helps calm and relax your dog on the move. It makes travel and visits to the vet less stressful and reduces crying, shaking and pacing during travel.
Other products to help manage behavior issues include:
- Senilife® helps with behavior changes associated with age-related physiological impairment which affect many senior dogs. By knowing and identifying the signs of brain aging in their early stages, you can uphold your dog’s quality of life. And, by using Senilife®, you can help slow the behavior problems related to aging.
- Urine-Away® offers a permanent solution to pet urine odor and stains.
Odors are caused by molecules that emit a vapor and most products only mask or control the odor. Urine Away’s proprietary triple-action formula permanently eliminates the odor and will work even if soaps and detergents have already been applied. Urine Away is easy to use, non-toxic and biodegradable.
*Data on file.